Jul 22, 2009

Get me a publisher!

It's been awhile. I have had other things going on. Like life and kids and such. It happens. I have been wandering about inside my head, not sure where the words had gone. I had things to say, to write, to speak. The words seem to evaporate like cotton candy on my tongue, but not as sweet.

Okay, enough of the gooble gobble.

Hubby is away again. It's just me and the monkeys. Yes, I call them monkeys. It is a term of endearment, most of the time.

The other day as the boys were upstairs washing up, brushing teeth, I heard a ruckus. The kind of ruckus that stops me from whatever task is at hand to go check it out and usually there is a task at hand. It goes with the territory. I had to investigate as my motherly instinct would lead me to do. Of course there is always a commotion when all 3 of the boys are together in one area, but this was the hullabaloo that broke the camels....er...mamas...back.

It was more than likely a shove here, a push there, someone took someone's toy. Whatever. These kids fight about what color cup they will have at dinner. "I want the red one! NO! I wanted that one!" Yada, yada, scream, scuttle and more screaming. I really should just buy all same colored cups. Less fights to deal with. Why can't we all just get along? And I go on....

Back to the zoo.....

There is much bickering as I arrive at the top stair. I cannot make out any of it. I demand that each boy meets me at the kitchen table. We shall have a round table discussion on their crisis or in our case a rectangle discussion.

We go around the table, each boy getting a turn to tell his side of the story. Houston, we have a problem.

The event went something like this:

One boy was washing his hands. The other arrived to also wash his hands. We do not have a double sink, so things get tight. The third boy arrived to pee. Apparently he felt the need to turn away from the toilet, point his wee-wee at this brother and proceed to pee on him. And the floor. And the wall. This created a chain reaction of yelling and giggling, then one boy shut the lights off, while the peed on boy closed the door, shutting the pee-er in the closed dark bathroom, fumbling with his shorts around his ankles. Serves him right I would say.


I shake my head at these childish, boyish antics and wonder why it is so that children must act in such ways. I will never know.

I asked my husband if this was normal, because I think it is not. Dear husband says that yes, it's normal. Hmmm. How long has he known these are the things that I am going to have to be faced with?

The things they don't tell you when you are pregnant. I could write a book.

2 comments:

AmyMusing said...

You never told me you had a BLOG!

Me likey!

Where's The Asprin said...

This blog first started when hubby went out to sea. It was originally meant for him to keep up. A more personal blog, but then what the hell! Personal? HA! I think I have let some of the 'personal' go public.

Thanks for reading. Really, it gets lonely over here. :)