Feb 14, 2008

Balloon hugs


What's this you say? Elijah holding onto a large flesh toned balloon? Nope! That is just mama's ready-to-pop belly. Can we say "Okay, already?"

I must be much amusement to my children. "Oh look! It's that big balloon mommy has in her belly. I wonder if I can throw it up in the air. Um, no, it doesn't come off. Hmmm maybe I will just hug it."




Yes, I am ready to pop! Ready to let the air out of this balloon.

As I roll out of bed, off the couch, waddling like an overgrown duck (quack, quack!) through my day, my thoughts are on the task at hand; keeping sanity in a house of madness. 'What was I thinking' does cross my mind at those rare moments of clarity.

'Just keep swimming' I tell myself.

Almost there.

Just days to go.

9 comments:

Kalamazoo Mom of 2 said...

YOU LOOK GREAT! Love that belly. Oh, and I hate you because you seemingly have no ass. You're like 97 weeks pregnant, with baby #4 - HOW IS THAT POSSIBLE?? I'm 10 months removed from my second (and final, by the way) and I could give J-Lo a run for her money (and isn't she 97 weeks preggers with TWINS???!!!).
Anyway, you look great.
Only 13 days? WOW.
Do you have help coming for when Sam is born? I hope to God the answer is yes.
Hang in there.

Steph

P.S. Hey Michael - hope all is well and that you've recovered from your Jimmy Buffet night .... :)

Anonymous said...

(wheresthefamily)

Yes, fully recovered from Buffet...it only took me three full days although I can't recall much except the excessive vomitting on the first recovery day.

Sam is sitting a lot lower than the boys did, but as far as weight you look smaller than the first 3 times. I hope Sam can hold out another week and you look great babe. Elijah's face is making me laugh and Gabe is always a hoot.

Where's The Asprin said...

Kalamazoo,

lol! About giving J-Lo a run for the money. I am sure it is not that bad. :)

Chris will be here on the 22nd. Yeah, Michael gets to party and go to concerts whilst I sit at home doing the bathroom olympics!

Where's The Asprin said...

Michael,

Sam is lower which is why I must move fast when the urge hits me. :)

Elijah and Gabe are both little hams.

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you. I am sure the boys will be a great help to you. Can't wait to see pictures :)

Where's The Asprin said...

The boys. Hopefully they will be helpful. I know Spencer will, the other two, the jury is still out.

Will post pics. Of course! :)

Anonymous said...

If the younger boys are anything like Zak (busy!) they will love the baby in passing. Haha. Both of my boys still love their little sister and she is almost 2 (!WOW!). I had Mya when Michael had only about 3 months of deployment left and let me tell you...those 3 months flew by because I was so busy. I hope the same thing happens for you. :)

And Mike, how about them Giants? Didn't see that coming huh? haha

We report to MD in July/August and we can't wait to see you guys!

Anonymous said...

(wheresthefamily)

Tree,
She should be arriving anytime now...get ready to say bye bye big belly. :)

Jamie,

I have no idea what you are talking about...Giants....who are they?
Cool, you guys will get there shortly after I do.

Anonymous said...

Well said.