Oct 23, 2007

The Bump






Remember that dance called 'The Bump'? I remember my sisters doing the bump. Back then, in the days of heavy blue eye shadow, elephant pants and hip huggers, which are today called low-rise jeans. Those were the days when people only bumped against hips and bootie NOT the newest rated R version.


If you don't remember, I must be old. SOMEONE must remember that dance!


Okay, so this blog is not really about dance moves from the 70's.






Nor is it about that kind of bump.


It's about a bump called Samantha.



She is a beautiful little bump. Sometimes when I am lying down to sleep she goes bump, bump with her foot or hand against my belly. Then there are the times when she pushes her little foot or hand down into my belly as if reaching to get out. Maybe she is trying to see how many times she can make mommy go to the bathroom.

She seems to be in constant motion. When the midwife attempted to find Samantha's heart beat Samantha switched positions. She moved around a lot when the ultrasound tech took the above picture. She may come out running. She should conserve her energy; she has three older and very active brothers to keep up with.

She is 22 weeks now.


The bump:


4 comments:

Suzen JueL said...

WOman I just love how you write, swear to god i sit hear laughing so hard i have tears in my eyes...you are such a gift !!!!
I'm waiting for UPS to ship my guitar, seems they made a terrible mistake...and it will be ONE day late...and i was SOOOOO HOPING to have my guitar for Naked Acoustic Sessions tonight...(a lil thing i do on my rooftop in SecondLife)...gather a fw musicians from around the globe..tonight California.Minnesosta.Seattle.and Georgia..not sure...sometimes I have a musician from the UK, he's hillarious, calls himself Beeflin...then there is Freestar, you'de like her lyrical style a lot, especially ALIEN SEX...one of my fav's is Keiko, from Cali. she got a lil MTV plug once...she's got a great punky acoustic twisted folk sound...Anyway (http://slmusic.info:8920) that is my stream..i usually have music on all day..stuff yo'de like, then when i do my Show. you can tune in live!!!
I soooooooooooooooooo miss you....i'de love to see that Mouse.....we have enough c hoas with Juju the ferret :)

Where's The Asprin said...

Ha ha! You still have that ferret? I thought you got rid of her.

I miss those coffeehouse moments. Isn't it funny how you have that rooftop since one of your first great songs was rooftop? It's still one of my favorites.

Can't wait to hear your new music you create on your new guitar. Do send a pic. And when are you going to showcase some of you art?

YOU are the gifted one my friend.

Will talk soon....my next solo car ride or while shopping.

Elizabeth said...

Ahh Bump watch! Lookin good, especially the pumpkin mask. Is that how you've decided to make it rich and get a maid?

Where's The Asprin said...

So far I have made zilch from the pumpkin mask enterprise.

:)