Jul 8, 2011

Burning down the house

I could probably come up with many titles for this blog but will refrain from sharing my thoughts on those. 

What I am about to share is a very serious issue.  It deals with fire safety.  And while it may amuse you as it did me....let us not forget the seriousness of playing with fire. Take note and do not as we do unless you have a fire extinquisher nearby. 

Last night after the children were all snug in their beds hubby and I enjoyed a few glasses of fine wine together.  Our ten year anniversay is fast approaching and we wanted to spend time together.  It's rare that we have those quiet moments together.   We lit candles while we talked and laughed about our interesting and wonderful life.

As the night grew late we moved our conversation to another room bringing the candles along.  I will skip over certain details as that, quite frankly is none of your beeswax! 

There was a moment when all hell broke loose.  That's when I heard Michaels voice:

"It's on fire!"  And he was not talking about our love.

A pillow had caught on fire from the lit candles. Michael attempted to smack the flames out and was getting nowhere.  There was a lot of exclaimations and cursing during those moments.  That damn pillow was was not made of fire resistant material.   We threw the flaming pillow into the bathtub, turning the water onto it extinquishing the fire. 

That was not it...

"Oh crap!  The curtains on fire!"  Michael yelled jumping over the bed to try and extinquish those flames.  While trying to put out the pillow the curtain had caught on fire.  The flames were not going out!  I ran back to the bathroom and grabbed a cup of water and threw water on the curtain putting out that fire.

You would think that was the end of it, but..............

When I turned back to the bathroom to bring the cup back into the bathroom I noticed that the shower curtain was on fire!  "Holy Crap! The shower curtains on fire!"  Again that damned pillow had spread another fire.  I began smacking the shower curtain to put out the flames, the burning material sticking to my hand leaving blisters. I finally put out the the flaming shower curtain.

At this point Michael and I were laughing our butts off.  We simply looked at each other with a "What the hell just happened?" expression and burst out laughing.   It was a wonder we didn't burn the house down. 
 
That NON- fire resistant pillow:


Guess that's why they call me Hotgirl.  :)

10 comments:

Jean Has Been Shopping said...

You are smoking hot!
I'm glad this ended well and you were both able to laugh about it.
Ssssssss....sizzle!

Where's The Asprin said...

lol! Jean. It was quite the comedy over here last night. When I think about it I laugh.

kevin21 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Its such as you read my mind! You appear to understand a lot about
this, such as you wrote the ebook in it or something. I think that you just can do
with some % to drive the message home a little bit, but instead of that,
this is fantastic blog. An excellent read. I will certainly be back.


Here is my web blog Dr Dre Beats

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.