Michael is home!
We are so happy to have daddy back.
Homecoming day the excitement was almost too much. As we waited for his ship to come in the kids played on the jetty rocks and rolled around in the grass. Of course rolling in the grass resulted in the boys having burrs all over their clothes and in their hair, which mommy carefully picked off. Nothing was going to ruin this day.
At one point Spencer came over to tell me that since he knew that I was busy (I was nursing Sam) could I look at his leg once I was finished? He had fallen on the rocks cutting his leg. It looked sore and was bleeding. The kid has the pain tolerance of a beast. I took care of it with water, wipes and a band-aid. A mommy comes prepared.
Once we saw the ship getting closer we made our way to the pier, which was packed with people awaiting their loved ones. Manuvering the double stroller through the mass of people was tricky but we made it to the new moms tent. Once situated there we had another 45 minute wait. Can you say ANTICIPATION?
At once point my cell phone rang. It was Michael calling to tell me to look up. I did and saw him waving a pink bunny and a small American flag. Minutes later, many minutes later they lowered the elevators and the new dads made their way to the browser (walkway). Once security opened the gate all the new parents crowded through.
When we saw Michael I was just so happy. I abandoned the stroller and we all ran to meet him. He picked up the two oldest boys then said hello to Gabe. I handed him Sam and gave him a long awaited smooch. It was a sweet moment. Something like this:
2 comments:
Yay! SO happy he is home. Wish we could see you. Soon we will get together!!
Jamie & Michael :)
Yes definitely.
Post a Comment