
It's that time of year again; a time for shopping, hanging with the family, baking, traveling and more shopping and taking the kids to meet Santa. This pic is our cheapie, freebie we received at Wal-mart, hence, the bad quality. You get what you pay for, or in this case what you don't pay for.
Yes, I DID go shopping with the boys and managed to get out of there in one piece.
As the boys and I strolled down the toy isle so Elijah could 'look' at the toys I spotted a very un-Santa, Santa. I think this Santa is actually a woman. Mrs. Claus filling in?
As we approached this she-Santa, Gabriel had a peculiar look on his face. He was definitely sizing up the she-Santa. Maybe he was wondering why this Santa looked a little bit different than the ones he has seen depicted in the books we read. At any rate, he pointed and said "Santa!"
The Wal-mart staff informed me that they were taking pics and would we want one? After moments pondering whether I wanted to chance it and remain in the store for a few minutes more I decided to get their pics done. What the heck!
As we were leaving Spencer said to me "Mommy, you know that's not Santa". He really is too smart for his own good. I just told him that yes I knew and that Santa is very busy and sometimes has people help him out. He seemed to know that's what I was going to say and agreed with me.
Then of course it really was time to get out of the store. Can you say: Poopy pants?
This morning I locked myself, Elijah and Gabe out of the house. Elijah cried that his throat hurt and there was nothing I could do. My neighbor was there and said she would help. She did, bless her heart.
With the quick thinking of a seasoned veteran I unlocked the van and put a DVD on for the boys to watch. I did have my van keys, but the previous day I had taken the house keys off the ring for reasons that are unimportant so I won't explain other than to say I kept seeing that damn house key on the counter, thinking that I should put it back on my key chain.
Always go with your intuition.
Luckily I had left the upstairs master bedroom window unlocked. The neighbor got a ladder and screw driver to pry off the screen. I will from now on be locking that window just in case anyone thinks they are going to get into my house that way.
As my neighbor climbed up into my bedroom I quickly ran through my mind the condition of my room. My bedroom is my sanctuary. Did I have undies lying about or was my bed a mess? I didn't think so and was right; there was no need to worry. Would you have? Maybe I am just weird to think about that.
Then I began to ponder the thought of what if I did have undies or personal items lying about. NOT that I have weird personal items lying about mind you!
Would I have just called a lock smith to avoid embarassment?
Yes.
I would have paid someone to open my house up instead of having my neighbor see what kind of underwear I own or how messy my room may have been. Afterall, there are times when the housework gets put on the backburner around here. I mean, sheesh! Despite what some might think, I really am not super woman! :)
With the quick thinking of a seasoned veteran I unlocked the van and put a DVD on for the boys to watch. I did have my van keys, but the previous day I had taken the house keys off the ring for reasons that are unimportant so I won't explain other than to say I kept seeing that damn house key on the counter, thinking that I should put it back on my key chain.
Always go with your intuition.
Luckily I had left the upstairs master bedroom window unlocked. The neighbor got a ladder and screw driver to pry off the screen. I will from now on be locking that window just in case anyone thinks they are going to get into my house that way.
As my neighbor climbed up into my bedroom I quickly ran through my mind the condition of my room. My bedroom is my sanctuary. Did I have undies lying about or was my bed a mess? I didn't think so and was right; there was no need to worry. Would you have? Maybe I am just weird to think about that.
Then I began to ponder the thought of what if I did have undies or personal items lying about. NOT that I have weird personal items lying about mind you!
Would I have just called a lock smith to avoid embarassment?
Yes.
I would have paid someone to open my house up instead of having my neighbor see what kind of underwear I own or how messy my room may have been. Afterall, there are times when the housework gets put on the backburner around here. I mean, sheesh! Despite what some might think, I really am not super woman! :)
Okay, so maybe that's TMI.
Elijah drew a very cute picture of me today. As he proudly handed me the picture he said "Here, this is a picture of your big fat belly mom". Gee. Thanks kid.

Great picture don't you think! Elijah is finally beginning to draw shapes. Yay! And yes Michael it does resemble one Spencer would draw. Hmmm wonder if maybe this is hereditary? Do we have aliens in our blood line?
Speaking of Elijah, he is doing well. He does have his moments in the middle of the night when his throat is very sore, but otherwise he is a trooper.
Michael sent me a few pics of himself on the ship. Unfortunately, I cannot open them, except for one, which doesn't really showcase his new look. Here, hanging upside down with his commanding officer is the new mustached Michael.
WARNING!!!!! What you are about to see may shock you. Viewer discretion is advised!!!!!
I know. It is difficult to see his face, but we are still working on getting more pics. I have another idea on how to get the pics opened. When and if it works, I will post them.
Here's hoping the Christmas season is treating you kindly and that you are filled with the spirit of giving. My address is....................ha ha ha!
AND let's hope the magic of Santa makes it through another year in our house.



5 comments:
(wheresthefamily)
That was funny...love the pics. I think the guy in the upside down photo is AWESOME!
Hmmmm wonder who you are! You mom says you look like Poncho Villa!
Shouldn't he be working?
(wheresthefamily)
WORK!?!?!
How dare a beautiful young lady such as yourself use such a disdainfully disgusting four letter word! I must say, not very lady like.
Poncho villa...wait for the full effect of the unibrow.
(wheresthefamily)
A skinny version of the missing link.
I could be in a Geico commmercial.
Post a Comment