Dec 16, 2007

Babbling on...

This morning, another hour I survived through church with three children.



Father Michael (NOT Michael, the father of my children) shook my hand, smiled and asked if I was going to stay. It was another birthday Sunday. As he spoke, visions of the previous birthday Sunday scraped through my mind causing me to involuntarily shiver.



As I shook fathers hand and smiled, I mentioned that it gets a bit crazy. He just insisted and said "Really please stay, enjoy some cake and meet some people". I just smiled again and said 'maybe'.



Is it a sin to NOT take the advice of a priest? I didn't commit to going into the social hall. I just said maybe in my really low voice. He probably didn't even hear me.



As I walked to the van I imagined the priest stalking me with his eyes, watching to see if, in fact I went into the social hall or kept going. Sorry to disappoint. I felt guilty. I wanted to go in. I did! But I had already experienced a birthday Sunday. It was very crowded. People just stepped around us, I didn't meet anyone. Well, except the nice cake lady and we know how that ended.



All the way home I wondered if this would be added to my naughty list when it came time for confession. Yeah, and father Michael would probably be the priest taking the confessions.


The boys are good, their usual selves. Spencer counts down the days until Christmas on the Santa calendar we got from Chris. My shopping is complete. I think. There is always another thing to get and as I type this I realize I did miss one, but it's an easy online one so no more sweating it out with the kids at the store with all of the other crazies.

I am at 30 weeks. Can't believe I only have 10 weeks to go until Samanta is born. Whew! How time flies. Actually, I have an appointment today. The sugar glucose test thing. I have to drink a sugary drink and then sit around for an hour and then go back in for them to check my sugar levels. I am going to take advantage of that time. A book? Snatches of peace and quiet, a blessing.

Have a splendid day! Will get the 30 week belly shot soon.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

(wheresthefamily)

I have an idea for the next birthday thing at church. Release the animals...just let them run wild.
I know this runs counter to what a good parent should do, but think about it for a second. Show up and as soon as you see him, ask Father Michael if he can watch the kids just for a moment (yes all 3). After one episdoe in which all our kids are running amok, the chances of a re-invite are low.
Then you can attend mass and go home without the guilt.
They want to see the Demolition Squad in full effect...I say RELEASE THE HOUNDS!

Where's The Asprin said...

Ha Ha HA! Good one! It might just work. Good idea.